5.5.11

Who Mothers The Single Mothers?

I'm a single mom. This in itself doesn't bother me. I actually kind of like it. There's no one to answer to and I parent how I choose. It's completely within my control. Ok so I kind of love it actually, I hate answering to anyone lol.

It also means however that 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, I'm on. Its the Mommy show. Yes, my mother takes my daughter sometimes and I get out but reality is that Monkey is my responsibility and no one elses. Bringing me to todays question...

Who mothers the single mothers?

You always hear people talk about reminding Dads and Husbands to get a card and gift for the mother of their child, but when theres no other half and your kids are too young to understand or participate in whats going on, well, Mothers Day can be kind of depressing to be honest with you. It's just another day of doing what needs to be done. Making dinner, cleaning, attempting to shower and kissing boo boos.

I'm not complaining, really. I didnt become a mom so that once a year someone could make me dinner and buy me flowers, plus my mum is really good about making sure I get a little something from the baby. However I really can't wait until the day Monkey comes home with noodles and glitter glued on a heart shaped piece of construction paper. I will cherish those works of love and art as a true gift from the little person who made me a mother.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Lord knows I have an opinion, you should have one too!